As a social media manager, your daily challenge is to drive visitors to your web site and not your competitors. It doesn’t happen overnight, nor does it have to only consist of endless search engine optimization (SEO) or expensive pay-per-click advertising, there’s plenty you can do to increase your site traffic for free.
The trick to increasing organic site traffic is to give your customers what they want – quality advice, information and insight. Here’s how to do it:
1. Blog, Blog, Blog - It’s a fact that companies that blog regularly, generate 67% more leads than those that don’t blog. Creating relevant and inspiring content is crucial to engaging a faithful audience. Hire a freelance writer, have leadership offer their tips or ask your customers to write a review. Variety in your content and who delivers it is key.
2. Lights, Camera, Video! - According to Cisco, globally, consumer internet video traffic will be 80 percent of all consumer Internet traffic in 2019, 79% in 2018, and 74% in 2016 up from 64 percent in 2014. Videos allow for greater engagement and lower site bounce rates. Create a ‘how to’ or an inspirational video on Facebook, Vine or Instagram.
3. Get Up, Close and Personal with Your Content - Your interactions need to be personalized by offering tips, advice and ultimately solutions. By humanizing your content, you’ll inspire users to stay longer on your site and learn more about your products or services.
4. Tell a Story - Every company has a story. Utilize a mix of visual and written content to tell your story to appeal to your customers’ emotions to increase trust for your brand.
5. Keep it Internal - Once you have a respectable amount of content, add internal links to your blog posts and other areas of your web site to strengthen your message and guide visitors to more relevant content. This tactic keeps visitors on your site longer, which boosts your search rankings.
6. Seek Incoming Links – Google prioritizes sites that have a lot of incoming links, especially from other trustworthy sites. Reach out to clients, friends, family members, partners, suppliers, industry experts, essentially anyone to link to your site. The more incoming links you have, the higher your site will rank.
7. Promote on Social Media – Once you’ve made the effort to write these blogs and create videos, your best promotional tool is social media. Utilize LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and more to get your name and web address out on the Internet.
It’s important to note that if you pursue this type of content strategy you first need to know your consumers. Understand their demographics and behavioral preferences because one size does not fit all!